Contract To Hire
Our client is looking for Civil Estimator
candidates for a position located in Atlanta, Georgia
. This position is responsible for providing project scoping, estimating, and conceptual design services in support of the Operating Company’s civil site selection and substation projects. The position will be responsible for supporting the Operating Company planning and budgeting processes by providing complete and accurate estimates of material, labor, and total costs associated with transmission civil site selection and substation projects. The position will require field visits and may involve occasional overnight travel.
- Two-year degree from a technical school or university or significant related work experience is required.
- BS Engineering or Engineering Technology degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior experience in transmission civil design, substation planning, physical design, construction, operations or maintenance is required.
- Prior experience in transmission project development and cost estimating is preferred.
About Seneca Resources:
- General knowledge of transmission planning, civil design, physical design, construction, operations and maintenance.
- General knowledge of the activities associated with surveying, land acquisition, and obtaining easements.
- Working knowledge of Operating Company processes, procedures and tools used in the development of transmission line/substation/civil projects.
- Working knowledge of the SCST D&MS design standards, processes, procedures and tools used to scope, estimate, and design transmission line/substation/civil projects.
- Detailed knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations governing the design and construction of transmission line/substation/civil projects.
- Detailed knowledge of transmission line/substation/civil cost estimating.
- Detailed knowledge of transmission line/substation/civil construction methods, equipment, techniques and associated costs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products and transmission software applications currently in use to estimate and design transmission line/substation/civil projects.
- Time management and organizational skills sufficient to manage multiple projects with various priorities and competing deadlines.
- Exhibits strong problem solving, oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain peer and customer relationships across organizational lines.
- Proven ability to build consensus and achieve results through the effective use of persuasive communication and formal presentation skills.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.