Direct hire, full time
Our client is seeking Facility Manager
candidates for a position located in Boston, MA
. This individual will manage a range of day-to-day facility management services for a 900-person operation. These services include but are not limited to: supporting visitor coordination, physical facility security, assisting in planning events, developing a process to provide employees with a computer and/or pairing station, key card, and user account within one business day of arriving.
- Develop scalable event strategies, leverage best practices and processes, and propose initiatives that anticipate and reflect the changing needs of the operation
- Develop and lead a high-performance event management team, leveraging existing event planning and execution resources within the company, as well as recruiting external talent, as needed
- Partner with senior decision-makers to define event objectives, schedules, required resources and measures of success for all events. Develop and present proposals to senior managers and other internal stakeholders, as appropriate
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal support teams and customers to ensure flawless planning and execution of events
- Prepare quotes for event services, negotiate, execute, and manage contracts/agreements with venues, speakers, transportation and audio-visual companies, and other ancillary services for all events
- Document and continuously improve all event related processes
- Support day-to-day operations with primary responsibility over operational security
- Develop and implement a plan of action for all maintenance projects
- Oversee vendors and service providers and ensure service contracts are followed
- Establish and manage a preventative maintenance plan for lab environment systems and common areas
- Manage the receiving functions for deliveries on-site
- Conduct frequent, ongoing inspections and evaluations of all aspects of the physical property, from safety and mechanical systems to details of cleanliness
- Manage emergency response plans
- 2+ years project management experience in an IT-related field
- 3+ years of proven experience in a lead role with hands on customer service capacity as detailed above.
- Experience with a variety of personalities and discipline fields and is able to manage and react to ongoing and changing operational requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in management or related degree
- US citizenship
- Must have Federal SECRET clearance
About Seneca Resources:
- A proven track record of planning and executing multiple large-scale events; demonstrated experience at scaling event programs over time.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with executive management and outside vendors.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to demonstrate event ROI.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to work independently without constant or close supervision.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.