Position Title: Construction Project Manager
Location: Miami, FL
Position Status: Full Time
Our client is looking for Construction Project Manager candidates for a position located in Miami, FL. An integrated real estate organization seeks a motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented Project Manager who possesses experience or expertise in any of the follow areas: Retail, Hotel, Multi-Use, Office, or Multi-Family High Rise.
- Manage all phases of multiple development projects from inception to completion
- Coordinate with several cross-functional teams to ensure the project is executed to scope and budget
- Creation and maintenance of project entire development schedule for all deliverables required to execute the project, including the following: acquisition, design, permits and approvals, construction, sales/leasing and marketing activities
- Oversee project budgets, schedule, timing, market assumptions, underwriting and financing assumptions
- Budget analysis and variances to be completed monthly in coordination with accounting
- Manage creation and maintenance of project pre-development cash flows in collaboration with the finance team and construction team
- Holds a customer facing role in that you will team with internal stakeholders to define project requirements and constraints while also obtaining input on design and budgets
- Oversee monthly, updated project reports for distribution to internal team and investors
- Coordinate development and issuance of meeting minutes for all consultant project meetings, including but not limited to architect/owner/contractor meetings prior to construction start
- Handle the negotiation and execution of all consultant contracts in coordination with legal counsel, including company's agreements, vendor agreements, company/vendor and supplier agreements; participate in external consultant identification and selection. Manage compliance with schedule of values and terms
- Take on a liaison role to coordinate branding and marketing efforts
- Ensure all permits required to commence construction of proposed improvements are secured; Manage permit revisions and coordinate all time sensitive deliverables by Architects, Engineers,
- Contractors and other consultants associated with the delivery of project.
- Manage all construction cost estimates to prove out budgeted construction costs at periodic stages throughout the project; Identify and alert executive team of construction cost estimated variances to budget and how savings can and will be achieved
- Manage the process of collecting information required for underwriting proposed deals involving existing assets and potential acquisitions. Work with acquisition team to create financial models to underwrite project costs, revenues, and returns.
- Identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Coordinate the selection and management of the design team and preparation of drawings for initial budgeting and scope definition, development of site and building design detailed drawings, etc.
- Oversee tenant relationships and buyer relationships; along with coordinating all such requirements with documentation of leases, purchase and sale agreements and coordination of any building requirements with design and construction; Coordinate the entire tenant and/or buyer amendment or lease process on project with Sales/Leasing, Marketing, Contract Administration, Legal, Accounting and Construction Departments to ensure that all contract and/or lease requirements are strictly adhered to and executed as required.
- Manage continual review and compliance of agreements (development, purchase & sale agreement terms and conditions)
- Coordinate project delivery resources through individual project qualification process; conducts standard request for proposals; completes bid analysis; recommends resources to executive team.
- Oversee contract procurement, contract negotiation, contract execution, contract administration, and closeout
- Day-to-day management of operational and tactical aspects of assigned projects
- Manage the project delivery resources by providing guidance and direction to achieve project goals. Provides formal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments to other project team members
- Manage all change order requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Make recommendations, secure executive approvals, and direct implementation. Must have thorough knowledge of prime contract and all applicable subcontracts. Responsible to review and negotiate change-orders with the General Contractor and Sub-contractors as well as monitor change orders effects on the bottom line of the project cost and time.
- Coordinate with Accounting, Finance, Sales and Marketing Departments on the creation of all information that gets presented in the required Monthly Project Reports and Monthly Partner Reports.
- Coordinate with accounting in preparation of set-up of project accounting system, preparation of bank draws and requests. Coordinate monthly meetings with Bank inspector to review monthly draw application.
- Oversee the upfront schedule of values with General Contractor and Sub Contractors. Structures draws/payments in to best represented fairly for work in place and on time. Make projections on the financial status of the project.
- Coordinate the overall project construction documents quality control process during the various planning phases and to ensure that the design team has delivered in compliance with project requirements and has coordinated the sets between the various design team members and disciplines.
- Management of the General Contractor to ensure proper understanding of the scopes of work, performance and schedule requirements and contract specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate entire project closeout and turnover process, including but not limited to completion of all punch list and warranty items with Resident Services team and all required functions with Property Management Team to ensure a smooth transition into building Property Management.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures
- Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles
- Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manage project team activities
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Pursues advancement- training and development opportunities
- Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Skilled in conflict resolution
- Able to read and interpret both written and oral information
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
- Follows policies and procedures
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions
- Prioritizes tasks effectively; Develops realistic action plans
- Tactful manner and approach both professionally and personally
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Strives to increase productivity.
- Fluid- can change the approach or method to best fit the situation
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.