Contract To Hire
Our client is in need of Transmission Engineer
candidates for a position located in Atlanta, Georgia
. This position is responsible for providing project scoping and estimating services in support of the Operating Company’s transmission line projects.
- Create a safe work environment through personal commitment to safety.
- Apply line engineering expertise to accurately scope projects and to provide quality cost and duration estimates in a timely fashion.
- Develop detailed project scopes and conceptual design packages used to produce accurate cost estimates and project schedules and as the basis for detailed design activities.
- Provide timely and accurate cost estimates to customers including Project Management, Transmission Planning, and Transmission Maintenance Support to facilitate budget development and management.
- Serve as the transmission line engineering representative on solution team and site selection committees and prepare preliminary designs as required to support the process.
- Provide input on the development and refinement of line engineering estimating units used in the estimating system (TEAMS) to ensure accurate estimates of equipment, material, labor duration, and total costs.
- Provide work direction and oversight for supplemental staff as needed.
- Participate in and support Southern Company Transmission activities and initiatives.
- Serve as a damage assessment team member after major storms after receiving the company-provided training.
- BS Engineering or Engineering Technology degree is required.
- BS Engineering or Engineering Technology degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Prior experience in transmission or distribution planning, design, construction, operations, or maintenance is preferred.
- Experience in transmission line design is preferred.
- Prior experience in project development and cost estimating is preferred.
About Seneca Resources:
- General Knowledge of transmission planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance.
- General knowledge of the activities associated with surveying, land acquisition, and obtaining easements.
- Working knowledge of operating company processes, procedures and tools used in the development of transmission line projects.
- Working knowledge of the SCS Transmission Engineering design standards, processes, procedures, and tools used to scope, estimate, and design transmission line projects.
- Detailed knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations governing the design and construction of transmission line projects.
- Detailed knowledge of transmission line cost estimating.
- Detailed knowledge of transmission line construction methods, equipment, techniques, and associated costs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products and transmission software applications currently in use to estimate and design transmission line projects.
- Time management and organizational skills sufficient to manage multiple projects with various priorities and competing deadlines.
- Exhibits strong problem solving, oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain peer and customer relations across organizational lines.
- Proven ability to build consensus and achieve results through effective use of persuasive communication and formal presentation skills.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.