Our client is a major manufacturing company looking to add a Mold Setter for their 2nd
Shift. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in manufacturing; injection molding preferred.
The Mold Setter is responsible for setting molds and starting presses with the established process. This position reports to the Shift Supervisor for daily assignments. Technical support and direction is provided by the Plastics Manager.
- Installs dies on press, using clamps, bolts, and hand tools, and coats dies with parting agendas, according to work order
- Set-up press to run production
- Alters thermostat to regulate temperature of dies
- Performs all functions of mold changeovers, including installation of secondary and automated equipment
- Maintain cleanliness, organization, identification and storage of equipment related to mold setting functions including company supplied tooling, secondary equipment, including chutes, conveyors and mold temperature controllers in their proper locations
- Assist in general maintenance as necessary
- Lock-out Press to ensure safety during mold installation.
- Work with Shift Supervisor and Material Handler to ensure the understanding of the daily production schedule and what jobs need to be set in the Work Centers.
Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year experience
About Seneca Resources:
- Mold hook-up experience
- Knowledge on how to properly use hydraulic lift equipment and understand lift capacities
- Fundamental plastic injection mold processing experience
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.