Senior Corporate Controller (Real Estate | Construction)
Full Time – Permanent
Our client is looking for Senior Corporate Controller
candidates with a Real Estate background for a position located in Miami, FL.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Coordinate preparation and maintenance of Proforma and Cash Flow
- Manage preparation and maintenance of sources and uses schedule
- Manage transmittal of funds to the contractor upon receiving lender approval and management approval
- Coordinate preparation of proof of equity
- Coordinate updates of expected loan draw schedule
- Manage schedule of deposits remaining in escrow
- Manage reporting to investors, as necessary
- Coordinate research as necessary (i.e. association related questions, invoices, payments)
- Manage preparation of files for tax preparers, answer questions asked by the tax preparers, and manage status list of tax returns
- Coordinate year-end journal entries and entry of tax preparers’ year end entries by controllers/accountants then roll forward Sage 50 companies
- Manage filing for EINs on the IRS website, save the IRS EIN letters on the network and update the master EIN spreadsheet (as needed)
- Manage new company entry in accounting software and delegate access
- Manage review of operating agreements to understand capital contribution requirements and to provide information to the tax preparers
- Coordinate review cash requirements
- Coordinate real estate taxes spreadsheet
- Manage preparation of financial statements
- Coordinate review of tangible tax returns prepared by accountants (April)
- Manage adding new users to Sage 50 as necessary
- Manage Greenberg invoices before they are entered into Avid.
- Manager list of company entities and recommend termination of unused entities
- Manage review of general ledger activity
- Manage applying for the sales tax number from the Florida Department of Revenue for projects that have new revenue requiring sales tax to be paid.
- Manage filing sales tax returns for projects that do not have property managers/management companies.
- Board Member for appropriate Condominium Associations
- Review and approve Condo Association invoices for applicable project
Administration and Other Responsibilities
- Manage preparation and transmittal of requests to the bank to open new bank accounts at bank.
- Manage bank required schedules for wire transfers and online banking upon the opening of new accounts
- Manage the update of the master bank account spreadsheet upon the opening of new accounts
- Manage staff access to online banking and update access upon adding new accounts
- Manage sending wire transfers and processing internal transfers for all bank accounts. Email confirmations to the appropriate accounting team members for entry into Sage 50
- Manage transfers and wires for monthly administration and developer fees, update tracking spreadsheet, and provide all transfer support to the controllers/accountants for entering into Sage 50
- Co-manage current Accounting staff and staffing needs [along with Senior Corporate Controller and VP of Accounting & Finance]
- Co-manage department processes and brainstorm on creating efficiencies and improvements [along with Senior Corporate Controller and VP of Accounting & Finance]
- Manage Administration (TIS and TID) budget/cash flow
- Manage P Martin/D Martin distribution schedule
- Manage tax estimates
- Manage D Martin personal activity in Quicken/Excel and provide D Martin with spent to date reports
Insurance – Employee Related
- Manage updating master payroll spreadsheet upon notice of any changes (i.e. new employees, salary changes)
- Coordinate with HR regarding employee positions and locations in order to ensure the master payroll file properly reflects the current employees’ positions and locations
- Manage bi-weekly review the payroll report provided by HR and approve processing of payroll (bi-weekly)
- Manage cash in to ensure sufficient funding exists at payroll processing dates.
- Manage the review and approval of insurance invoices provided by HR (monthly)
- Manage the update of the master insurance spreadsheet upon notice of any changes (i.e. new employees, new elections)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures
- Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Listens and gets clarification and probes for underlying messages; Responds well to questions; Able to read and interpret both written and oral information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Prioritizes tasks effectively; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Acts with unyielding integrity and ethics in business transactions; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments; Refuses to misrepresent himself or herself for personal gain.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Meet challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that attracts a positive response from colleagues.
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.