Systems Analyst II (Pharmacy, Laboratory, NextGen)
Our client is in search of Systems Analyst candidates for a position located in Birmingham, Alabama. Qualified candidates will have experience maintaining retail pharmaceutical systems.
- Leads Projects associated with application implementation and execution of high complexity and larger impact.
- Applies project management methodology and utilizes standard project management for software in development and maintenance of project plans.
- Review and understands system options and specifications of Applications and utilizes the specifications as applicable to make recommendations on use.
- Consults with customers to understand workflows, processes, data collection, report details and other technical issues associated with application software as they relate to system design and build decisions that support the department's function and goals.
- Analyzes design alternatives and makes appropriate design decisions.
- Designs, validates and confirms new or changed functionality with the application environment that meets customer specifications.
- Understands and translates the business/department functionality into Application configurations and workflow validations.
- Builds, tests, and debugs application to ensure the system meets end-user requirements.
- Builds complete testing plans to validate system parameters and functionality performs as specified with minimal guidance.
- Identifies and resolves complex issues.
- This includes identifying appropriate resources and potential solution with minimal guidance.
- May delegate systems issues to analysts for resolution.
- Provides guidance on priority.
- Proactively completes assigned application deployment, management and testing tasks.
- Assists application and technical team in the on-going management of user requests, issues, clinical application problems, and delivery of application enhancements.
- Maintains project documentation including resources used, decisions, outcomes, agreements etc.
- Works with vendors as appropriate to ensure smooth operation of products, reporting and resolution of issues.
- Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field and six (6) years of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
- 2+ Experience maintaining retail pharmaceutical systems
About Seneca Resources:
- 5+ years in Healthcare operations
- Experience with Pioneer RX
- Exposure to HL7 interfaces
- 5 or more years of SQL experience
- Experience supporting Laboratory systems
- Experience with community health clinics or equivalent
- Experience with Harvest, NextGen, or Cerner
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.