Contract To Hire
Our client is looking for Network Engineer
candidates with (CCIE Collaboration Lab and/or Written) for a position located in Washington, DC
. The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day operational services supporting switches, routers, firewalls, VPN devices, and other LAN/WAN infrastructure components that directly support the government customer. The successful candidate must be able to operate in an enterprise setting, with collaborative and communications skills to support staff managing the enterprise IT environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementing, designing, engineering and supporting changes to the mission-critical voice, video and data network.
- Troubleshooting complex data/voice/video network issues (HQ/RRO/POST).
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to improve network and environment health.
- Ensure integration and interoperability of network technologies.
- Assist in the design and implementation of data center and infrastructure migration.
- Ensure quick response to information assurance notifications.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of remote access and LAN/WAN software and hardware.
- Use network monitoring tools to optimize, improve, expand, upgrade and network capabilities and connectivity as required.
- Review system logs to determine usage levels, bandwidth, performance, and security of systems.
- Install new hardware and software making sure that all components interface correctly with each other and the network.
- Contacting manufacturer/vendor for warranty repair or replacement.
- Engineer and implement designs related to upgrades and enhancements involving all IT Infrastructure, servers, firewalls, circuits, cabling, AD, DNSSEC/DNS, network monitoring tools, and other special systems.
Deep level of knowledge and experience in the following:
- CCIE (Collaboration/Voice) Lab or Written (If not lab certified, the candidate will be asked to perform an in-house lab as part of the interviewing process. This requirement will be waived for those with a lab certification.)
- 10+ years hands-on VOIP experience.
- VPN / Remote Access Technologies
- IP telephony
- Network Monitoring Tools
About Seneca Resources:
- Public Trust or the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance. (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, U.S. Citizenship is required.)
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.