Application Programming/Analyst I
Our client is looking for Application Programming/Analyst I
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience and a background in SQL, UNIX, Relational Database, and Informatica
About Seneca Resources:
- BS. in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Working understanding of ETL methodology.
- Proficiency in testing complex SQL queries and PL/SQL scripts.
- Vast knowledge of working in relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to teach and mentor less experienced professionals on basic coding methods/building blocks and best practices.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience with data modeling concepts, including Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Experience with data file conversions, UNIX or Linux scripting, Tools like Microsoft VISIO, Data Modeling tool.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously with strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability work effectively with peers and business partners.
- A critical thinker with strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Able to integrate company goals and objectives into department goals and activities.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.