Nashville, TN 3701
6 month contract-to-hire
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
Our client is seeking a professional and highly motived candidate for a Maintenance Electrician to support them in the federal space located in Nashville, TN. Under general supervision maintain repair, and install electrical systems, services, and equipment for the region. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems in district facilities.
- Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
- Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, etc.
- Install and connect power supply wiring, cables, conduit, and electrical apparatus for machines and equipment in new and existing facilities following diagrams, schematics, or blueprints.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment.
- Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
- Repair or recommend replacement of electrical appliances, including industrial sized generators
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of company-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects.
- Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment following established inspection procedures.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- 2-3 years’ experience in electrical field
- Valid Journey Electricians License
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of generators
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material