Our client is a major manufacturing company looking to add Shift Coordinators for both 1st
shifts. Ideal candidates will come from a Production Supervisor or Production Lead background.
- Maintain favorable working relationships with employees and production leads through open communication, visibility, and involvement to promote a positive working environment that maximizes safety, employee engagement, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicate and ensure production personnel understand and follow all company policies and required safety policies and practices.
- Manages staffing through coaching and development, employment decisions and resolving employee issues through problem resolution
- Perform administrative action for assigned personnel including time and attendance, timesheets, disciplinary actions.
- Manages employee training and required documentation to ensure effective training methods that are in compliance with current procedures and quality standards.
- Leads, promotes, and facilitates continuous improvement activities with production employees to identify methods to improve product quality, output and cost.
- Drive the use of best manufacturing practices such as lean manufacturing, visual management, waste elimination and 6S.
- Develop and maintain production metrics for quality, delivery and safety, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance, Customer Service, Materials, Logistics and Manufacturing Engineering to coordinate activities and resolve production issues on a timely basis to provide the highest level of service.
- Be available for extended hours as required to achieve goals/objectives.
- Consistently demonstrates and incorporates principals of safety for self and others into daily activities. Attends required safety training and participates in emergency drills and exercises.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of team understands the standards and behaviors expected of them.
- Other duties as required
- Directly supervises 20+ employees in the manufacturing department.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Create and maintain employee training records.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four –year College or University a plus, but not required; or one to two tears related experience and/or training.
- Above average mechanical skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory and to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
About Seneca Resources:
- Ability to adapt and multi-task in dynamic environment.
- Able to perform job duties safely.
- Able to walk for long period of times.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.