Environmental Compliance Engineer
Our client is looking for Environmental Compliance Engineer
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
. Our client is an automotive manufacturer looking to add an individual with environmental compliance experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Perform activities required to maintain compliance with environmental regulations. This includes state regulation interpretation, data tracking, reporting, permitting, testing and training.
- Perform activities identified in the environmental compliance calendar.
- Manage the following environmental regulation programs:
- Air (Title V, MACT, GHG)
- Waste (RCRA, Solid Waste, DOT)
- Water /Wastewater (CWA, SPCC, Wastewater treatment)
- Use the ISO 14001 program to develop sustainable environmental compliance programs, policies and procedures
- Participate in and support ISO 14001 program training, external and internal audits, and correcting non-conformances.
- Support the waste management and industrial wastewater pretreatment operation contractors.
- Support reporting environmental performance and compliance data to North America regional environmental unit.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet regulatory requirements
- Conduct situation appraisals, gap analysis, analyze data and identify potential improvement opportunities in areas of responsibility.
- Support the development of and implement plant environmental Business Plan themes related to environmental compliance.
- Support and train the department environmental representatives on compliance related issues.
About Seneca Resources:
- Hands-on experience working with environmental compliance in a manufacturing environmental (automotive experience is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of federal and Alabama environmental regulations, including major source air pollution permitting, EPCRA, solid and hazardous waste, industrial waste water, storm water.
- Experience with ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard, management system auditing, and compliance auditing.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written communications
- Ability to prioritize activities to meet deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships and work with a team effectively
- Demonstrated strong personal initiative
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.