Senior Systems Administrator III
Richmond, VA 23219
6 month contract w/ possible extension
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
Our client is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator III for a position located in Richmond, VA.
- Performs all system administration functions including asset management, planning and performance tuning utilizing various system toolsets and works with vendors in the configuration of desktops/end-user hardware.
- Performs software product installations, setup and configuring of new enterprise and local systems.
- Maintains assigned systems keeping functionality and configurations current to scope of supported business processes.
- Enhances capabilities and value of assigned systems through build of new functionality and development of routine and ad hoc reports.
- May lead teams and/or projects coordinating work activities, reporting on work status and providing input on team performance.
- Performs capacity planning for the Platforms and related storage environments.
- Evaluates new hardware and software solutions and makes recommendations to management.
- Collaborates with vendors, IT staff, management, and the platforms architect in managing and growing the platforms and storage environments.
- Collaborates with the vendor to periodically upgrade the system version to maintain supportability, correct systems errors and incorporate additional features.
- Assists in defining, designing, testing, and deploying servers.
- Applies extensive technical expertise in principle discipline and broad knowledge in related disciplines in revising or developing new methods and procedures.
- Highest level of understanding of system architectures, both software and hardware components.
- Strong knowledge of system performance and tuning techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of the interaction of system and application programs.
- Well versed in additional technologies: network, Web, system security functions.
- Demonstrates the highest, most sophisticated technical knowledge of the specialty.
- Provides solutions to highly complex technical problems requiring frequent use of creativity and ingenuity and an in-depth analysis and evaluation of multiple factors.
- Position typically requires a Bachelor’s degree with six to eight years of related experience, or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Utilizes considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignments and determining approaches to solutions with work performed from a long-term perspective and for achieving desired objectives
- Candidates with recent academic medical center experience in Cardiology systems such as Phillips ISCV, GE Cath Lab, MUSE, Epiphany, Imaging solutions, or Cerner are particularly attractive.