Software Safety Engineer
Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Contract to Hire
Our client is looking for Software Safety Engineer
candidates for a position located in Huntsville, Alabama
. The candidate will perform risk analyses and hazard analyses on integrated systems forming part of advanced weapons systems for the DoD. They will be responsible for oversight of a portfolio of engineering developments and will provide assurance of engineering activities. They will support design engineers to build evidence-based safety cases for their products and will assure compliance to hardware and software engineering processes for safety critical and safety related systems.
- Development of software safety targets and software safety requirements
- Execute hazard analyses required to support identification of software safety requirements in accordance with business standards and program / product objectives.
- Development of specific application, generic application and generic product safety cases.
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated to internal and external customers
- Co-ordinate the timely production of the necessary design safety documentation, especially the relevant safety cases and related documentation for approval milestones.
- Conduct/facilitate PHA, FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis and other safety studies with Engineering groups.
- Develop and maintain Hazard Tracking Log.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Desire to operate as a software safety engineer (engineer with software safety and assurance responsibilities), across complex, large scale systems.
- Exposure with software safety engineering.
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems.
- Familiarity with Hazard Analysis per MIL STD 882E.
Bachelors degree in a STEM related degree and 2+ years or more experience [4 years of experience accepted in lieu of degree].
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.