Our client is looking for IT Auditor
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, Alabama.
Your Day to Day:
Lead Client Engagements
- Lead client audit engagements, which include planning, executing, directing, and completing SOX, information system, and operational audits. Complete audits in a manner that is consistent with the professional standards of conduct of the Institute of Internal Auditors and Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
Research and Analyze -
Research and analyze information technologies and operational audit related issues. Write audit reports communicating audit observations and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Consult and Collaborate -
Leverage IT audit knowledge to act as an IT audit consultant for financial auditors on integrated financial audits. Provide management, IS groups, and end users with an informed and impartial assessment of the extent to which they may safely rely upon the Company’s Information Systems. Work with IT management to identify improvements to existing controls and/or operational practices. Participate on new systems development / implementation projects to ensure appropriate controls are incorporated.
Evaluate and Document -
Evaluate and document SOX, operational, and information systems control processes and procedures. Follow test programs to complete testing of SOX controls, operational controls, and tests of information systems controls.
Supervise, train, and mentor staff auditors and interns on audit process.
Champion Continuous Improvement.
Develop and use new audit technologies, including continuous audit (data mining), audit process automation, and computer assisted audit techniques. Approach projects with curiosity and an open mind, and recommend cost effective ideas and solutions.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or Mathematics. A Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Must have at least one of the following professional certifications: CISA, CISSP, CISM, or other recognized IT certification. Additional professional certifications are a plus.
2-3 years of IT audit experience preferred, preferably in a manufacturing environment that provides exposure to sophisticated information systems audit techniques, network security, technology infrastructure, software development, project management, or a related field.
Must have broad technology experience, including experience with:
- Relational databases (Oracle Database and/or Microsoft SQL Server)
- Directory services (Active Director and/or Oracle Internet Directory)
- Network security (especially auditing security administration)
- Windows Server operating systems
- Exposure to object oriented programming languages, such as Java and .Net
- UNIX and LINUX like operating systems
- ETL and integration
- AWS and/or Azure computing
- Data analytics tools such as ACL or IDEA
- Business applications (Oracle e-Business Suite and/or SAP)
- Computer-assisted audit tools
- SLDC, waterfall, and/or agile development methods
- Must possess a thorough understanding of information systems, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, and common audit procedures and techniques. Must have an understanding of IT control frameworks (COBIT, ISO, NIST, ITIL). Must have an understanding unit/product/user testing. Experience with SOX 404 IT compliance testing is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines. Must be able to conduct meetings, resolve problems, and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and multiple projects concurrently. Must have a high attention to detail.
- Must have excellent analytical skills. Must have the ability to analyze and evaluate technical documentation, previous reports, data, and flowcharts.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.