Our client is looking for Network Technician
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, AL
. Our client is a large healthcare organization seeking qualified individuals to assist their Network Engineers.
About Seneca Resources:
- Assist network technicians by making network patches from jack panels to network equipment
- Assist network engineers with installation of UPS
- Maintain inventory of cabling and fiber
- Assist network engineers with installation of network equipment in data center and communications closets
- Receive and store equipment from receiving department.
- Decommission and maintain documentation of legacy equipment
- Locate wireless APs via campus maps and assist technicians with replacements / installation
- Take first line support calls and properly resolve issue or escalate to the proper level
- Manage port request tickets and resolve with appropriate level of documentation within network databases and switch descriptions
- Maintain communications closet operations by making periodic site surveys. Will make proper notes and/or requests of any maintenance issues. Will ensure that communications closet is kept in organized and clutter free
- Assist network engineers in switch installs and replacements
- Pull and terminate custom made datacenter cabling
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.