Sr. Network Engineer
Richmond, VA 23238
Extremely competitive w/ 15% yearly bonus and 15% equity
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer with expertise in Networking who will be responsible for implementing highly scalable solutions on the Microsoft Azure Public Cloud and On-Premise platforms. This process includes continuous delivery, optimization, monitoring, Infrastructure design and implementation, release management and supporting the end-to-end release process. As a member of the team, you will work alongside developers and reliability teams to ensure site reliability and all releases seamlessly move from development through staging and into production. The team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the on-prem and cloud infrastructure used by the world’s largest used car re-seller and second largest wholesaler. If you are looking to join a collaborative team where you can create innovative solutions that provide value to our business, your job search ends here.
- Responsible for driving operational excellence by implementing strategies for continuous integration and continuous
- Operate, support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Drive increased efficiency across our agile product delivery teams, eliminating duplication and leveraging product and technology reuse.
- Work alongside Solutions Architects to design efficient platform ecosystem to enable DevOps maturity and release pipeline autonomy.
- Document and advocate adoption of our continuous delivery / continuous integration processes and tools to increase product team productivity
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Experience in automating the build and configuration of IaaS and/or PaaS based solutions on a public cloud or On-Premise platforms (AWS, Azure, Google, Data Centers)
- Prior experience working with: container technology such as Docker, version control systems (SVN, GitHub, etc.), build management and CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.), and monitoring tools (App Dynamics, Net Scout, etc.)
- REST APIs, JSON, and YAML
- Strong teamwork skills, ability to learn quickly, excellent written and spoken communication.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Strong scripting experience with either PowerShell or Python.
- Preferred, but not required: experience with software provisioning/configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Expertise of networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, security and encryption, DNS, etc.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly secure infrastructure solutions.
- Experience with multiple hardware\software platforms such as:
- Nutanix (or other hyper converged technologies)
- VMWare or Acropolis
- 4+ years network architecture design and/or solution engineering
- 2+ years network design or administration involving cloud infrastructure [AWS, Azure, Google, etc.]
- 2+ years scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
- 8+ years of relevant IT experience in large / complex IT architecture environments
- 4-year degree in IT related course of study