Parts Ordering Specialist
Our client is looking for Parts Ordering Specialist
candidates for a position located in Athens, AL
. Our client is a large automotive manufacturer looking to add an individual to assist with all functions of the Production Control Department.
- Responsible for on-time customer shipments and all customer concerns.
- Negotiate customer orders based on component availability, machine capacity, and purchasing agreements.
- Work from customer forecast to establish a master schedule and to set and change production schedules accordingly.
- Coordinate/monitor production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules.
- Monitor all short shipments.
- Work with management and engineering to understand and advise on short term / long term capacities to minimize past due orders and unneeded capital investments.
- Follow the flow of material from planned/production orders through sales order shipment to customers.
- Use the kanban system to maintain lean inventory levels and JIT.
- Perform cycle counts or visual management of finished goods inventory.
- Create, enter, and maintain part information for new/current customers.
- Enter and maintain customer releases.
- Calculate and enter any special or unusual production requirements to support the sales forecast.
- Maintain all shipping documentation per TS16949.
- Learn, implement, & teach TPS manufacturing techniques to all PC members.
- Collects and summarizes data for reporting to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Entry to 4 years of relevant manufacturing experience required.
- Automotive environment preferred.
- Previous exposure to a multicultural office environment preferred.
- Basic shop math ability required (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Understanding of conceptual math (i.e., basic geometry, charts and graphs) required.
- Understanding of elementary statistical concepts (i.e., standard deviation, variance, etc.).
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes, company products, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, manufacturing processes, tooling and equipment, and machine operation.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand engineering documents such as automotive drawings (component, assembly, and equipment), technical standards, design specifications, general tolerances, critical characteristics, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), Engineering Change Instructions (ECI), Prototype Parts Requests (PPR), and color instructions.
- Good understanding of seat, welding, door, carpet, and headliner processes are a plus.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills required.
- Hands-on, self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Active listener with effective communication skills.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to maintain records and files and prepare recaps and reports.
- Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
- Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing production environment.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create excellent working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work a fixed or rotating shift schedule, including daily or weekend overtime.
- Ability to multitask, manage diversity, and facilitate effective problem solving and resolution.
About Seneca Resources:
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
- Experience with MRP and EDI systems.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.