Assistant Production Control Manager
Full time/direct hire
Our client is looking for Assistant Production Control Manager
candidates for a position located in Huntsville, Alabama
. The selected candidate will be responsible for production planning and materials management functions related to the planning, procurement, storage, controlling, and distribution of quality materials and products.
- Manages proper production control planning and scheduling programs to meet forecasts.
- Maintains optimal inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements, while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
- Supports launch, model change, and ECI activity.
- Manages manpower and activities of Kanban ordering process.
- Implement short and long term corrective actions for production planning and materials management problems.
- Supports development of new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders and monitor cost.
- Ensures investment budget rules are followed and keeps track of adherence to policy.
- Establishes and recommends approval of expense budgets for material control and implements the necessary controls to keep expenditures within budget limits.
- Determines supplier component part packaging and tracks packaging inventory with supplier base.
- Manages the shipping and receiving functions and the storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Use key performance indicators as a method of continuous improvement (kaizen).
- Prepares documents to report progress, order status, department budget forecasts and miscellaneous recommendations relating to inventory, production control and customer service.
- Ensure that company standard practices and procedures are followed.
About Seneca Resources:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Logistics or related field required; or an equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant manufacturing experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience in a professional environment required.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a management role.
- Working knowledge of Kanban syste,, truck/delivery schedules, hazardous waste disposal, and inventory level management.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, manufacturing processes including material controls, workflow, scheduling, Kanban, machine operation, and company policies as standards.
- Basic math and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.
- Ability to read instruction manuals, blueprints, and specifications.
- Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.