Client: Leading Cyber Security Education Organization
Position Title: Web Development Principal Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
Position Status: Direct Hire
Salary: open to negotiation
Our client is seeking a Web Development Principal Engineer to join their team within the Online Training business unit. The primary goal of the position is to add significant technical expertise to the team, mentor other team members, and execute individual projects including delegation of work. They are looking for an individual who has integrity, tenacity, humility, and desires to pursue excellence. The right individual would also be a self-starter who is adaptable, has excellent communication skills, can be relied on, is detailed oriented, and can work well individually or as part of a team.
This is a remote position, so the right individual would need to be comfortable working in a home office setting. This position has a managerial aspect, but an estimated 75% of the ideal candidate’s time would be “hands-on keyboard” writing code and implementing solutions rather than typical managerial responsibilities. This role does not have direct reports and itself reports to a team lead.
Required Skills And Abilities:
- Act as an impromptu team lead of about three to four other developers for projects by both implementing solutions directly (hands-on-keyboard coding) and delegating work to other team members.
- Projects will be assigned to this role to execute, and there is at least one other principal engineer on the team executing other projects in parallel with their own team members.
- Creation of functional UIs based on designs produced by a UI/UX team
- Creation of fully multilingual interfaces
- Coordination with other team members to deliver on requirements
- Interfacing with other team members to:
- Delegate tasks
- Manage day-to-day tasks within the scope of assigned projects
- Resolving conflicts
- Maintain consistent quality in assigned projects
- Ensure schedules are met
- Report to the team lead on status and for deconfliction, requests for staffing or other resources, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of the principles of REST APIs is required
- Understanding of mobile development on both iOS and Android is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of CSS is required
- Ability to execute projects and deliver them to market on-time in an Agile/Scrum environment, and recognizing risks of failing to meet those goals as early as possible in order to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to communicate to people with a technical background as well as those with a non-technical background with a high degree of clarity while avoiding verbosity
- Ability to validate level of effort and time estimates provided by team members (i.e., ensure estimates are not exceedingly high nor low for a given task)
- Integrating solutions from third-party vendors into first-party code
- Recognizing skillsets within the team and assigning work to team members best suited to execute those tasks with success, while spreading tasks around to avoid the risks associated with concentrating specific types of work with specific individuals
About Seneca Resources:
- Prior experience as a senior web developer, including acting in a mentor role formally or informally is required.
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile methodology is required.
- Experience working with a source code management (SCM) platform such as Git is required.
- Experience developing using a test-driven development (TDD) methodology is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing localized solutions (those that can be translated by other teams to other locales) is strongly preferred
- At least five years of recent hands-on web development is required.
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.