Client: Fortune 100 Chemical Company
Position Title: Business Assurance Manager
Location: Richmond, VA
Position Status: Direct Hire
Salary: $130-140K + Full Benefits Package
Our client is looking for a Business Assurance Manager
for a position located in Richmond, VA.
They will assist with the company’s SOX 404 compliance efforts, including risk identification, control definition, self-assessment and testing. Also, perform special projects as requested by management to assist in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of global business processes.
- Scope and plan the annual internal audit plan (including SOX) using a risk-based methodology that is reviewed and approved by the Audit Committee.
- Lead and assist with executing the complete audit cycle including planning, risk assessment, fieldwork and reporting.
- Provide formal audit reports to management documenting areas reviewed and recommendations for improvement if necessary.
- Develop relationships with management, assisting them with identifying and mitigating risks in their environment and improving effectiveness and efficiency of controls and processes.
- Manage the overall global internal audit budget.
- Manage multiple global co-sourcing resources and audit consultants.
- Review regional policies and procedures to ensure that corporate requirements are appropriately updated, adequately presented and accessible to employees world-wide.
- Participate and/or lead other special projects as requested.
Education & Experience Minimums:
- Clearly communicates and explains audit concerns and recommendations to all levels of management, including the Audit Committee
- Work as either a team leader or team member to get tasks completed
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of how to audit business processes
- Good knowledge of current accounting standards and SOX 404 requirements
- Good writing skills
- Sound judgment and ability to act independently
- Ability to build strong relationships with auditees
- Ability to manage multiple audit work streams at once
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations as needed to perform internal audits or special projects for management
- Experience with a large ERP system, preferably SAP
Education & Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance
- Strong knowledge and expertise in internal audit
About Seneca Resources:
- Advanced degree and/or CPA (or equivalent)
- CISA or CIA certification
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.