Company: Local Credit Union
Position Title: Business Process Automation Engineer
Location: Richmond, VA
Position Status: Contract to Hire
The Business Process Automation Engineer is responsible for designing/developing robotic process automations (RPA) to create efficiencies with our Business teams. The Business Process Engineer can develop, maintain, and execute business process automations using industry-standard automation tools. The Business Process Automation Engineer will be responsible for creation, maintenance, and evaluation of robotic process automations.
Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported application and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business process automations.
- Confirms automation feasibility, completes application assessment for in-scope business applications, and estimates automation complexity.
- Responsible for documenting design for automated process in Solution Design document and developing the end to end solutions using RPA tools.
- Knowledgeable in design standards and responsible for driving consistency and alignment to standards
- Participate in proof of concepts for new RPA opportunities.
- RPA Development and Production support
- Work closely with various business functional leaders and Six Sigma resources to develop solution designs to automate various business processes
- Based on solution designs, break down development effort into numerous sprints to complete development work in an agile methodology
- Complete development/testing leveraging established best practices and standards, including periodic validations with process owners, and an end to end business validation upon completion of development effort.
- Work closely with production support team to deploy into production, complete required documentation including lessons learned and execute knowledge transfer
- Work alongside Production Support to complete enhancements, regression testing, updates and troubleshoot errors.
- Must be comfortable working in cross-functional teams, understand both business needs and the technologies to implement them.
- Provide Quality Assurance Manager with daily status on all projects working on.
- Evaluate project ROI impact to determine automation priority.
- Maintain script library for updates and update scripts based on project changes as required.
- Develop and execute training for other Process Improvement Engineers and Business Process Analysts.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and tools
- Develop documentation to support the RPA Development
- Report on time savings created via RPA
- Complete all required, ongoing enterprise level training including, but not limited to BSA, OFAC, and Information Security.
- Prior experience using RPA software, technology, and tools such as UI Path (required).
- Must have strong business acumen with ability to understand business challenges and create a solution design to solve business problems
- Track record and proven ability to produce effective, innovative solutions on an enterprise scale.
- Prior experience with troubleshooting and correcting RPA related technical issues
- Must have experience working with the business to understand processes being automated
- Must have experience designing the automation in the RPA tool based on the functional process and applications
- Hands-on programming/scripting experience specifically aligned with RPA and robotic implementations.
- Solid understanding of Robotics processes, approaches, methodologies and development lifecycle.
- Experience creating, executing, and troubleshooting automated test scripts.
- Working knowledge of retail banking business processes and terminology.
- Working knowledge of banking systems.
- Experience testing both Mobile and Desktop applications.
- Experience in Automation scripting using Jenkins, Cucumber, Selenium, Java, C Sharp, or J-Unit.
About Seneca Resources:
- 3 years or more hands on experience using RPA tools , Blue Prism or UIPath
- 3 years or more development experience using one or more of the following technologies, .NET, C#, Java, Python
- 3 years or more SQL development experience on any of the relational database systems, Oracle or SQL Server
- Strong development working experience with Web based applications
- Professional certifications in the RPA tools is preferred
- Strong systems / process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organizational skills and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent presentation skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite, to include Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Visio.
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.