R&D Chemist/Engineer - Process Development
Richmond, VA 23219
Monday - Friday (9am to 5pm)
Our client is looking for a R&D Chemist/Engineer - Process Development
for a position located in Richmond, VA.
You will be responsible for ensuring uninterrupted, cost effective supply of a portfolio of raw materials/goods & services necessary to support the company’s business goals and operations including but not limited to production facilities, contract manufacturing facilities, resale operations, R&D facilities and corporate departments. Position is typically responsible for the management of the regional procurement function including management of procurement staff. Position is typically responsible for over $100MM in annual spend with a high level of complexity and critical material, products or services. The role typically comprises 30% tactical and 70% strategic procurement. Works under very limited direction and guidance. Responsibilities typically include development of regional and Global procurement strategies.
The main focus of this position is to provide scale up and technical support to the company’s global blending activities as required in support of their on-going business needs.
Education & Experience Minimums:
- Undertaking technical aspects of new product commercialization in support of additive blending & manufacturing activities.
- Commercializing product formulation changes in accordance with global procedures. Act as Project Lead or team member for stage-gate projects that require this and communicate all appropriate information to relevant stakeholders. Fully document the resulting data for future reference.
- Defining manufacturing processes of products from bench scale studies with first-time manufacturing success, including fundamental correlations between process conditions and process chemistry.
- Proactively raise potential Manufacturing / Process issues with internal Development groups.
- Regularly liaise with technical personnel in order to develop and maintain an adequate level of technical knowledge and expertise.
- Interface with customers and suppliers as required and provide appropriate documentation.
- Liaise with the Purchasing group in support of potential raw material changes and technical approvals. Develop technical relationships with suppliers where appropriate.
- Assist the Process Development Manager on global process technology activities as required.
- Direct the work of technicians and other chemists assigned to projects.
- Take personal responsibility for a safe working environment in the office and laboratory and participate in ISO related activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (or other relevant science field).
- Knowledge and understanding of specific chemistry and/or engineering principles and application of those principals in a research and development environment typically acquired after at least 3 years of relevant experience.