Production Control Manager
Our client is looking for Production Control Manager
candidates for a position located in Athens, AL.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the production planning and the materials management function related to the planning, procurement, storage, controlling and distribution of quality materials and products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant manufacturing experience required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of management experience required.
- Working knowledge and experience with TPS and Production Efficiency (PEFF) system preferred.
- Oversee and inspire proper production control planning and scheduling programs to meet forecasts.
- Develop monthly production plans and capacity studies to aid manufacturing for planning purposes.
- Confirm that deviations to production schedule are investigated and properly handled.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer requirements, while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
- Establish procedures and supervise the taking and valuing of inventories.
- Determine supplier component part packaging and track packaging inventory with supplier base.
- Manage the shipping and receiving functions of the plant, and the storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Develop and maintain close working relationship with other departments to ensure cohesiveness within the plant.
- Ensure that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all material pricing trends that affect company goods.
- Using key performance indicators, initiate corrective planning proactive to customer complaints for continuous improvement of PC department.
- Update employee training as needed. Cross-train employees to ensure department flexibility in a lean environment.
- Stress quality and safety procedures while leading by example.
- Ensure PC team members maintain clean and organized warehouse.
- Perform ongoing evaluation of PC department staffing to better serve customer requirements and needs.
About Seneca Resources:
- Working knowledge of kanban system, truck/delivery schedules, hazardous waste disposal, and inventory level management.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification in forklift/material handling operation and hazardous waste handling.
- Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, manufacturing processes including material controls, work flow, scheduling, and machine operation.
- Basic math and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
- Ability work with a dynamic team and demanding customer(s).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to work with multiple departments and prioritize activities.
- Ability to read instruction manuals, blue prints, and specifications.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt available skills and equipment to respond to unforeseen demands and/or problems.
- Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
- Previous experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications. ERP System experience (e.g., Oracle) preferred.
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.