Company: Fortune 100 Chemical Company
Position Title: Automotive Technician / Mechanical Technician
Location: Richmond, VA, 23219
Compensation: $15-19/hr + Health Benefits
Shift: Swing shift - 8 hour days either mornings, evenings, or nights for 7 days then 3 days off or 8 days on then 4 days off.
We are looking for a Mechanical Technician
for a position located in Richmond, VA.
They develop and manufacture petroleum additives, including driveline, engine oil, fuel and industrial additives. They are headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, and have operations around the world.
Monitor the automotive mechanical tests in assigned area, record all pertinent data, make necessary adjustments/repairs to assure that test parameters, methods and procedures are met and report problems to appropriate party.
Education & Experience:
- Know, understand and consistently adhere to established safety policy and procedures. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of changes or additions to safety procedures and assist in safety training activities as required.
- Monitor the automotive and mechanical test in assigned area and record all pertinent data.
- Ensure that all pertinent information is routinely communicated to the appropriate (i.e. internal customers, team members, supervisors, etc.) parties.
- Carry out standard preventive maintenance as scheduled and complete proper documentation. Determine layout and maintain maintenance and test cell calibration schedule. Determine calibration schedule of the reference stands and maintain and calibrate as needed.
- Keep work area neat and clean. Use hand and power tools in a safe responsible manner.
- Participate in and assist with the continuing personal and group/area training process. May provide training/orientation to new employees.
- Participate in internal staff meetings, committees and task force efforts as required. Complete special projects and team and customer evaluations in a timely manner.
About Seneca Resources:
- High school graduate or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Demonstrated mechanical experience or aptitude
- Work towards continuing technical education encouraged
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.