Contract to Hire
candidates for a position located in Birmingham, Alabama
. Our client is a large bank holding company looking to add AWS programmers to their team. This position will be responsible for software development and support for systems used in the Enterprise line of business.
- Working with Project Managers and Technical Managers to determine needs and applying / customizing existing technology to meet those needs
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications
- Work with vendors for investigating application issues and achieving resolutions
- Provides technical support to project team members
- Manages code deployment processes for multiple applications
- Maintaining and supporting multiple projects and deadlines
- Recording work progress on a Daily basis
- Develop design documentation
- Participate in application deployment activities including user support during deployment
- Must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends when needed, such as during application deployments or to bring support to production environments.
- Ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, functionality, testing and support
- Ability to develop and maintain ASP and JAVA web applications
- Ability to develop and maintain Oracle and SQL DB interfacing applications
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly with business users and project manager
- Ability to provide effective supporting application documentation
- Ability to estimate time and set deadlines
- Ability to lead interactions with other teams in support of application enhancements and maintenance
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of the applications that you will support
About Seneca Resources:
- AWS Certification and Experience in working with serverless framework which includes Lambda (java and node.js), API Gateway, S3, IAM.
- Proven experience with Cloud deployment methodologies.
- Some experience with front end UI design preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows Server environments (2008 or newer), IIS, SOAP and RESTful Web Services, and web testing software such as jMeter or SOAP-UI.
- Experience with code management tools and change control processes. Experience with Bitbucket a plus
- Minimum 5 years of actual experience in the workplace
- College or University degree preferred
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Experience in the financial services industry a plus
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.