The Service Desk Technician answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone and e-mail requests for assistance from customers experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies. This position requires technical knowledge and troubleshooting experience and aptitude. The ability to learn and adapt quickly is needed to be successful.
In addition to following company policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Software, hardware, networking troubleshooting skills.
• Broad knowledge of computer, networking and software fundamentals.
• Provides quick, responsive, high quality and consistent service.
• Proficiency with mainstream commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Adobe Acrobat, and others.
• Log and track calls using incident/problem management database , and maintain history records and related incident/problem documentation.
• Read, write, interpret and/or verbally communicate to solicit or explain complex or technical information using simple verbiage.
• Must be customer focused, a team player, and able to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Keeps internal customers productive and performing at the highest possible level possible.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- May hold 2 year post-high school Degree (technical field)
- May hold Bachelors degree
- May hold entry level certification(s) in field of work.
- Typically, 3-5 years of working experience in related fields
- Possess 8570 certification
- Able to gain Secret Clearance.
Knowledge and Skills:
- T1 agent technical call center skills
- Superior skills in both written and verbal communication
- Experience in customer facing role either remote or face to face
- Problem solving skills
- Accuracy in data entry
- Excellent fluency in language to be supported.
- Experience in a phone based remote role, esupport, e-chat or similar
- Familiarity with computer technology
- Knowledgeable in call routing and case management processes as well as case logging systems and obligation systems
- Understands internal processes and tools
- Knowledge of Knowledge Management Systems and appropriate documentation to the system