Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Richmond, VA
Compensation: 120-140k FTE + bonus
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer specializing in Data Engineering to be part of a team that is responsible for the inbound and outbound pipelines that enable us to drive value from data. In this role you will partner with data scientists and application development teams to integrate date from both batch and streaming sources. You will define and develop advanced data structures, implement data science models at scale, and develop microservices to serve data. A successful Data Engineer is passionate about ensuring that data is available, accurate, cataloged, and protected. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to explore and implement new technology in this fast-paced environment.
- Partner with Data Scientists, Business Users, and Source Application owners to become a data guru to develop and maintain high quality data pipelines.
- Educate the organization on data engineering and assisting others to develop end-to-end data pipelines.
- Assist with programming, modeling, and data integration, supporting task automation and dev ops practices.
- Develop outbound interfaces to expose the results of data science algorithms
- Catalog data sources and enable access to internal and external data sources.
- Evaluate and implement new technology to drive efficiencies within the organization
- Mentor and grow other team members
- Perform after hours support as needed
Qualifications and requirements
- A B.S. degree in a Technology related field
- 5+ Years of Data Engineering experience
- Extensive experience ETL (Azure Data Factory, Informatica, Ab Initio)
- Extensive experience Programming using SQL and Python
- Experience data profiling and developing data quality metrics
- In-depth knowledge of various data structures (Relational, JSON, XML, Parquet, Structured and Unstructured)
- Experience utilizing data streaming technologies
- Experience developing micro-services to serve data
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.