Ashland, VA 23005
6 month contract-to-hire
Monday - Friday (1pm to 9pm)
Our client is looking for a Shipping Operator for a position located in Ashland, VA. The primary focus of the Shipping Operator is to ensure prompt and accurate shipments of the company’s products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Pull, stage, label, band and palletize freight as required
- Operate forklift, move drums, maintain stock, rotate inventory, and label containers and load carriers with prepared freight.
- Maintain and complete appropriate forms, logs, etc. and complete appropriate data entry in computer system.
- Maintain contact with internal departments and carriers to insure prompt, accurate shipments.
- Resolve any discrepancies with BOL and rectify any cancellations or expedite shipments.
- Follow appropriate EHS procedures and policy which may include the identification and proper handling of hazardous waste.
- High School Diploma required.
- Experience in forklift operation and CRT/data entry.
- Effective communication and good interpersonal skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and operate forklift.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
- Required to be medically cleared to wear a respirator.
- Required to able to physically access each of the manufacturing operation’s areas to perform the essential job functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a specialty chemical blending and packaging facility where hazardous materials are present.
- Will be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and workspace restrictions.
- Required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.