Position: Sr. Software Test Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
Compensation: Highly Competitive
Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
We are seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer to join our development team. The primary goal of the Senior Software Test Engineer is to lead test planning for features in coordination with product stakeholders, manage and develop (as necessary) automated testing systems, and assist project managers in the development of acceptance criteria for features and the establishment of quality metrics. Additionally, this position will provide guidance on best-practices for managing tickets and maintaining communication between developers and stakeholders. We are looking for an individual who has integrity, tenacity, humility, and desires to pursue excellence. The right individual would also be a self-starter who is adaptable, has excellent communication skills, can be relied on, is detailed oriented, and can work well individually or as part of a team.
This is a remote position, so the right individual would need to be comfortable working in a home office setting.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work with a team using a source control system (Git, branching, merging, rebasing, etc.)
- Implement DevOps tooling and methods using scripting languages such as PHP, TypeScript, and Bash
- Work with automated testing software and CI/CD pipelines
- Produce guidelines for quality metrics and advocate for control standards
- Participate in requirements and design reviews
- Provide leadership on defect management
- Write test scripts and unit tests (PHPUnit/Codeception, Jest, etc.) as necessary and mentor others in best practices
- Serve as lead for creating QA processes in project plans and software release cycles
- Provide guidance to developers on compliance with section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards
- Leverage AWS technologies to perform integration testing
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Passion for software quality in order to deliver delightful customer experiences
- Drive to learn new programming frameworks and languages
- Ability to mentor and motivate others around you with your passion and expertise
- Ability to create reusable, scalable, maintainable, and well-tested solutions
- Ability to communicate QA needs to developers and business stakeholders during project planning and implementation
About Seneca Resources:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years working with issue tracking software (Jira, Service Now, etc.)
- 7+ years working in Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with testing and debugging tools across multiple browsers and platforms
- Understanding of SDLC and other software management best practices
- Understanding of web application architectures built on MVC principles
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.