IT Infrastructure Engineer
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Monday - Friday (9am to 5pm)
This position will be a hands-on technical position responsible for senior level system engineering of an IT infrastructure environment with a specific focus on data center services. The systems engineering team is responsible for the City’s multiple data centers to include server builds and support, storage solutions, messaging and directory services, data center hardware and services, and IT customer service.
This position supports the coordination / delivery of IT system engineering and operational support services to include system engineering, operational issues, storage engineering, data center infrastructure support services, server management and asset inventories, requests for new infrastructure services and improvements in workflow processes.
The IT Senior Server / Infrastructure Engineer will have experience with large enterprise system infrastructure platforms to include data center services, server infrastructure, messaging and directory services, systems engineering design/implementation, storage support, security and disaster recovery.
Strong experience with the following technologies:
- 5 to 7 years’ experience relating to systems engineering of large enterprise systems with a specialty in at least two of the following arenas: data center support, server infrastructure, messaging and directory services (Active Directory), storage solutions, security, and disaster recovery.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience of operations technical support services.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience of server-based applications (Windows Server OS required) and the life-cycle management with a demonstrated ability and skill to analyze, evaluate, and resolve complex problems.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience within a complex multi-vendor matrixed IT environment.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience of IT cross-functional awareness and how IT platforms support functional business needs.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience bringing new infrastructure platforms to fruition from concept to implementation.
- College Degree in IT field and 6+ years overall IT experience, or 10+ years of overall IT experience without.
- Although it is not a requirement, at least 3 years’ experience supporting public sector IT environments is preferred.
- Windows Server OS (virtualization)
- Exchange 2008 R2 Server with Exchange 2010 version
- Exchange Online per O365
- HP Blade Chassis C 7000; HP Blade servers; Unitrends and DPM Backups
- HP 3 PAR, EMC, Left Hand and Quantum Storage
- vADC Load Balancer; Alteon VX Radware