Position: Remote Mobile/Xamarin Developer
Terms: Direct Hire, Full Time
We are seeking a Mobile Developer to join our team and help build a mobile application for online training. The primary goal of the position is to augment the existing full stack development team with significant hands-on development expertise in the creation and maintenance of native applications for Android and/or iOS. We are looking for an individual who has integrity, tenacity, humility, and desires to pursue excellence. The right individual would also be a self-starter who is adaptable, has excellent communication skills, can be relied on, is detailed oriented, and can work well individually or as part of a team.
This is a remote position, so the right individual would need to be comfortable working in a home office setting. On rare occasion, travel may be required for broader team meetings.
· Implementing new products based on business requirements for Android and iOS
· Keeping abreast of new mobile products (hardware and software) to ensure that products continue to operate correctly as technology moves on
· Implementing mobile solutions that do not necessarily require an active internet connection to function while understanding security requirements that allow time-limited access to content
· Developing applications that efficiently play back video and audio
· Understanding nuances of respective mobile platforms to develop native-feeling implementations
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Advanced Xamarin Expereince
· Advanced native experience (Objective C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, etc.)
· Understanding of requirements for developing offline applications and applications with video playback
· Video encoding and delivery experience is desirable
· Experience working in a Scrum/Agile methodology is strongly preferred.
· Experience working with a source code management (SCM) platform such as Git is required.
· Experience developing using a test-driven development (TDD) methodology is strongly preferred.
· Experience developing localized solutions (solutions that can be translated by other teams to other locales) is strongly preferred
· Strong understanding of Google Play Store and Apple App Store app submission guidelines and requirements is required.
· 3+ years developing native Android and/or iOS applications is required. Additionally, that experience must be recent so the candidate is keeping abreast of the rapidly changing mobile development landscape.
· BS in Computer Science, an equivalent curriculum, or equivalent experience.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.