Special Projects Manager
Chesapeake, VA 23323
Mon - Fri (9am to 5pm)
Our client is looking for a Special Projects Manager, supporting their Submarine Services / Operations for a position located in Chesapeake, VA.
Education & Experience:
- Internally manages all Special Project development to assure solicitation requirements are fulfilled and that commercial and technical information is moved completely and accurately between customers, the contracting office, and manufacturing facilities.
- Represents trades in reviews and advises management of ability to meet solicitation requirements.
- Assures that all internal departments and suppliers, have full and complete understanding of solicitation requirements.
- Assures all Submarine Services trades have full and complete understanding of solicitation requirements and can fulfil without issue.
- Potentially interfaces with external customers, should technical expertise of this nature be necessary. Regularly interface with other Submarine Services trades, and suppliers to assure that all contract requirements and terms are fulfilled in the required sequence. Assures that all inspections, tests, and data collection is completed as required.
- Ensures that each contract obligation is completed, reviewed and delivered on time in a high quality at a controlled cost format through all process functions.
- Is responsible for maintaining good communication with other personnel involved to ensure that exceptional customer service is provided.
- Reviews and approves purchase documents to assure compliance with contractual requirements and specifications before submitting to suppliers. For those products that this role has technical oversight:
- Ensures that purchasing sources have been developed and a clear understanding of product requirements has been agreed upon.
- Ensures that purchasing personnel have required information to execute purchase documents.
- Manages Projects to include completion of highly specific manufacturing processes, document review, customer liaison, and progress determination from start to finish of multiple projects that are going on. Working with all necessary groups to manage customer demands, material availability, and work completion to bring the project to a successful close.
- Develop and fabricate all specialized tooling and manufacturing production systems as necessary and requested for each project. These items may include purchasing the tool for modification or equipment so that it’s readily available for the next phase of process. Assist Contracts Management with contract reviews, including terms and conditions and quality requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field; with 5+ years of experience in a directly related industry; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Capable of reviewing and understanding blueprints.
- PMP Preferred
- Promote Special Project sales for Submarine Services to exceed budget.
- Develop new services and product offerings to expand Submarine Services volume and profit margin. Perform precision manufacturing operations others are incapable of.
- Capable of problem resolution with all parties