Position Title: Software Developer
Location: Birmingham, AL
Position Status: Contract to Hire
As part of an Architecture team, this individual will be involved in full systems life cycle and will be responsible for coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• Analyze system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between affected components and sub systems
• Make recommendations and help on performance improvement of systems
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
• Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation
• Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts
• Excellent organization and IT Skills (ex. Programming skills with Java, Cobol, etc.)
Must have - Strong Java, Spring and Spring Batch experience required
• Experienced in OSGI components, Felix Console
• Experienced in Bundlor, Online Batch OSGI architecture
• Experienced in Cloud Technologies (AWS)
• Experience working with Agile and waterfall development methodologies
• REST services, SOAP, HTTP, HTTPS , FTP, Message Broker -Preferred MS series
• Database knowledge is required - Oracle Preferred
• Basic Unix Knowledge is required
• Other web-oriented development technologies will be an added value
Experience working in 24/7 operational environments
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is a client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Texas that service clients throughout the United States.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.