Sr Active Directory Administrator
Durham, NC 27709
6 month contract-to-hire
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
Our client is looking for a Senior Active Directory Administrator for a position located in Durham, NC. Seeking someone with a strong knowledge in cloud integration of Identity and Access Management (IAM). This role will be responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of IAM in the cloud as well as ongoing operations and maintenance of Microsoft Active Directory in a large-scale Enterprise environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain Identity and Access Management (IAM) Services for cloud environments including Azure and AWS. This includes, but is not limited to, Multi-Factor Authentication, RBAC, Conditional Access policy.
- Implement and maintain Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS) and Azure AD Connect.
- Implement and maintain Active Directory Domain Controllers, including GPOs, ACLs, PKI, and DFS, in the Development, Stage and Production environments.
- Perform infrastructure upgrades. Investigate and apply remediations for detected vulnerabilities.
- Performance Tuning: Perform ongoing performance tuning and system resource optimization.
- Setup and respond to standardized alerts, perform regular log analysis, monitor and maintain systems to identify any issues. Maintain overall system health to maximize system uptime and ensure delivery of service level objectives.
- Respond to Tier2 and Tier3 customer support tickets and requests. Provide on-call support, assist project, development, security, and operations teams as required.
- Work with Development, Server Hosting, and Network Administrators to resolve application problems. Provide support for restoration of service and perform root cause analysis.
- Provide technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients.
- Assists in the planning and performing of analytical research and design development in conformance with customer design and engineering specifications.
- Applies advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex system requirements and problems.
- After hours support may be required due to operational tempo. Candidate should expect to participate in on call support and be available for short notice call in.
- Documentation: Develop documentation for assigned projects including installation guides, troubleshooting guides, run books etc.
- Best Practices: Keep abreast of the latest developments in the industry and guide project teams to follow industry best practices.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Two years of experience with administration of IAM in Azure and/or AWS.
- Extensive understanding of Powershell and automation.
- Five years of experience to include expert troubleshooting with Active Directory Infrastructure, GPOs, ACLs, DNS, PKI, Windows Server, and Windows 10.
- Hands on experience with installation, configuration, and administration of Active Directory Domain Controllers.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) desired.
- Experience with Quest AD tools such as Change Auditor, Intrust, and RMAD desired.
- Strong understanding and experience with user provisioning, authentication, access management and de-provisioning.
- Knowledge of Network, Firewalls, F5 Load Balancers, DNS, SSL, and PKI.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years’ experience of Active Directory and 2 years with Cloud (Azure and AWS).