Electrical Applications Engineer
Ideally, you would provide project pre-sales, application, and product support and specification; includes support for Building Automation Integrators connecting to lighting control systems.
- B.S. degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Electrical or HVAC control systems in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Electrical or HVAC control systems.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in AutoCAD.
What Will You Do?
- Extensive understanding of control systems (dimming, energy management and lighting controls).
- Experience with Bluebeam preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision.
- Agreeable to travel for training and support as needed.
- Ensure all project objectives are met, including deadlines, cost, and customer expectations.
- Provide application engineering expertise for Legrand lighting controls including Architectural Dimming Systems, Ethernet, BACnet, Niagara networks, and customized solutions.
- Educate customer, agents, and employees on Building Automation System networks and systems.
- Perform application engineering including, but not limited to, project design, sequence of operation development, programming for controls systems, and other related duties for lighting control systems.
- Meet intent of the project by applying information from electrical drawings, schematics, and specifications to a set of specific products.
- Develop and verify non-standard design and custom solutions from standard product mix.
- Supervise submittal generation, control programming, commissioning, and troubleshooting of systems.
- Provide the sales team with technical expertise as needed, including quotation assistance.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement.