Position: Operational Technology Technician
Client: Fortune 100 Financial Institution
Location: Pensacola, FL
Duration: Long term contract
Work Status: US, Green Card and GC EAD
This position is for a Technician with combined experience in Operational Technology and the Internet of Things (IoT) centered on Industrial Controls and Building Automation Systems. The right candidate will have the ability to manage work orders, initiatives and/or projects from beginning to end.
The role involves work on several technology projects; performing work involving assessment, process mapping, engineering, analysis, planning, scheduling, and implementing solutions to effectively meet current and future business needs. Relevant experience is past work experience in participating in network designs and operations, as they relate to the management of IoT devices. This role requires direct involvement with engineers, analysts, technicians, and project managers. The candidate must have good analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills that enables proper assessment of network devices, their performance and functions. This includes verification of sensors, actuators, controllers, and software functionality.
The position expectations require weekly work of 40 hours, generally 7 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday, but may require nights and/or weekends based on project needs. Travel is required but limited.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide process development, lifecycle management assistance, vulnerability cataloging, remediation planning and assistance with change management for IoT devices predominantly centered on industrial controls and building automation systems.
- Participate in implementation of automation and reporting that delivers value to stakeholders
- Participate in development of quarterly status reports
- Assist with assessment and IoT system integration into a complex LAN/WAN environment(s)
- Assist with assessments to improve monitoring and performance
- Perform reviews, assessments, and communicate compliance standards
- Interact with equipment vendors, Information Technology, Engineers, field resources, and control center resources
- Assist with performing Quality Control inspections to ensure project completion
- Wired and Wireless network systems communications and troubleshooting skills
- Basic Industrial protocol awareness (MODBUS, Ethernet/IP, MQTT, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player, able to communicate and show leadership amongst teams of similarly knowledgeable specialists and Technicians
- Experience working with Incident, Problem, and Change Management
- Experience in the Operational Technology Network field and/or IoT field
- Proficient and professional verbal and written communication, including group training
About Seneca Resources:
- Experience with troubleshooting and assisting with IoT solution implementation
- Basic understanding of Network operations, administration and security protocols
- Relatable Certifications or relatable field experience
- Basic familiarity of SONET, AAA, Radius/TACACS, Firewalls, NMS systems, IPv6, IEC 61850 and DNP3
- Practical understanding of automation and interface functionality
- Practical understanding of data gathering and analytical reporting in terms of IoT platforms
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Richmond VA, Atlanta GA, Philadelphia PA, Alabama and Dallas TX that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our work