The Construction Project Manager will serve in two primary functions. He/she will be accountable for developing, deploying, training, and supporting the Project Management Methodology for the corporation. Additionally, they will be assigned to lead large cross functional teams in the deployment of enterprise wide Construction projects and programs. This individual will be assigned to multiple projects as project manager leading a matrix managed team that delivers business solutions across the company.
• Responsibility and Accountability for the Project: Responsible for using best practice Project Management methods to create project plans to fit the stakeholders/customers’ needs and deliver with-in budget on desired outcomes. Fully accountable for the result of the project, is the driver that holds the project together. The project manager leads the project with passion, as if it is their own business.
• Defines Project Roles and Responsibilities: Working closely with the Customer, the PM is ultimately responsible for defining the project scope and objectives to ensure project members understand what is expected of them and what they should expect from one another. Acts as the owner’s representative at construction meetings.
• Performs Project Tracking: Prepares, maintains and submits clear & concise status reports and time recording/management reports. The Project Manager is accountable for tracking a project and discovering potential problems and identifying issues before they occur. The PM applies this proactive approach in routinely tracking the project members’ progress against their project commitments. Prepares timely site visit reports on variances and offers solutions for team approval. Review all applications for payment by contractors and recommend changes if required before submission to bank staff for approval.
• Makes Things Happen: Have the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to recognize when problems surface or potential problems are looming. The Construction Project Manager is able to articulate problems, bring the right people together to solve problems and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed—all this with the proper sense of urgency that the problem requires. Offer suggestions on less expensive material, and shorter lead time substitutions that can positively impact the project budget or schedule.
• Promotes Customer Involvement: The Construction Project Manager recognizes that project success is directly related to satisfying the customer; therefore, customer involvement is essential to ensure that the right product is built. They communicate Project Status upward and to the Client. No significant project status leaves the boundaries of the project without PM approval. Review and provide feedback on the Contractor’s Project Schedule, Schedule of Values, Submittal Schedule, and Equipment Matrix and list of proposed subcontractors. Help coordinate both internal and external resources in support of project goals.
• Enforces Effective Change Control: The Construction Project Manager ensures that scope creep, communications, and quality are carefully negotiated and managed. Participate in the bid processes, reviewing all construction documents before bidding to ensure minimum change orders.
• Drives Decision-Making to Lowest Level Possible: The Construction Project Manager drives ownership of decisions to the level where the accountability of the decision must lie. A key result is that project members, with proper training and coaching, will almost always rise to the expectations placed on them.
• Consensus and Contingency: The Construction Project Manager routinely engages in building consensus, developing contingency planning and providing recommended solutions.
• Maintain detailed records: The Construction Project Manager should maintain documents of the life of a project and share information, as necessary, with the team and management. Responsible for all project submittals,
Education & Experience
• A Bachelor Degree, 5+ years of project management experience in construction of complex buildings and systems
• PMP certification preferred
• Minimum five (5) years experience in managing construction projects of all sizes
• Retail experience helpful
Knowledge & Skills
• Detailed knowledge of PM best practices
• Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis. Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk.
• Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them. Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.