As a Junior Java Developer you will assist in developing software solutions, participate in design reviews, code reviews, create test plans and participate in testing reviews, and resolve moderate defects. This position will help in supporting the designs, documents, reviews, and maintenance of the components of software solutions for projects related to the support of varying Integration applications as needed.
The role operates in an Agile / Kanban environment and requires an understanding of the full software lifecycle, including functional requirement gathering, design and development, testing of software applications and documenting requirements and technical specifications.
- Proven history of successful interaction with internal customers and/or enterprise IT department.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate complex problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to work at all levels of the organization.
- Able to handle multiple priorities.
- J2EE developer with experience that includes MVCs (Struts or Spring), ORM platforms (Hibernate, etc.), Continuous Integration, Web services (REST, SOAP), XML/JSON messaging, Queues (JMS, RabbitMQ, etc.), Rules engine experience (Drools, etc.).
- Database experience with Oracle, SQL server using standard SQL operations: create, insert, delete, update, distinct, etc.
- Agile experience necessary, DevOps preferred.
- Application servers – Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty etc.
- OS - Windows, Linux.
: Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field.
- US Citizenship required
About Seneca Resources LLC
Seneca Resources is an industry leading Information Technology (IT) Staffing and Consulting firm. Seneca provides a comprehensive array of flexible Workforce Solutions to organizations in need of top technical talent. At Seneca Resources, we match the best and brightest technical professionals with leading employers in a broad range of industries including Information Technology, Healthcare, Financial Services, Telecommunications and Government. Our diverse suite of service offerings enable organizations ranging in size from startups to Fortune 100 companies to acquire the talent necessary to complete critical projects on-time and within budget.