Essential Job Functions
Knowledge and experience in the following technical areas is required:
· COBOL Programming Language
· IBM Customer Information Control System (CICS)
· Structured Query Language (SQL) - IBM DB2 Rational Database Management System (RDBMS)
· IBM DB2 Utilities - SQL Processing Using File Input (SPUFI), Query Management Facility (QMF)
· Job Control Language (JCL) - z/OS
· Z/OS Mainframe Utilities - IEBGENER, IEFBR14, SYNCSORT, etc.
· MQ Series
· Perform analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, maintenance and support of complex applications and processes.
· Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and Analytical/Reasoning skills.
· Meet Program standards associated with specification development, coding, code review, unit and string testing, and related documentation.
· Create appropriate documentation artifacts associated with the SDLC stage for review and approval.
· Assist in preparing effort and duration estimates associated with systemic enhancements.
· Assist in production and other support activities, and resolve issues that may arise.
· Stay abreast of industry technical and development trends, and remain current with standards.
· Bachelor degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Six or more years of programming or testing experience.
· Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software.
· Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software.
· Six or more years of application development experience on a mainframe using COBOL, CICS and DB2 required.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, application development personnel and management.
· Willingness to adapt to a quickly ever changing environment.
· Ability to work in a team environment with multiple team members, as well as productively as an individual.
· Experience in FIS Systems desired
· Experience in IBM Content Manager OnDemand desired