Technical Support Specialist
Contract to Hire
(will transition to salary)
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Our client is looking for Technical Support Specialist
candidates for a position located in Richardson, TX
. Immediate need!
- Under general supervision, provide primary point of contact for all product related support requests and general product questions. Assist in providing product related feedback to the technical support management, engineering or manufacturing in support of current and future product design.
Main Job Duties:
- Organization: Individual Contributor competency model
- Main Interface: Internal – Customer support, engineering, quality and related. External – customers, installers, contractors and skilled tradesmen.
- Using a variety of communication vehicles (phone, e-mail, web-site and related) assist the customer in understanding applicable products, components and systems for products by means of phone and email for a wide range of customers.
- Provide detailed product related information covering the installation, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of products for our customer.
- Create clear and detailed documentation based off support related activities
- Monitor support activity trends to determine product issues and new product development opportunities reporting findings to technical support leadership.
- Must be able to apply knowledge/skills to a range of activities and act as a technical resource for other departments.
- Associate Degree in Electronics or 4 years related experience or a combination of both education and experience.
- Two or more years phone or technical support experience preferred.
- Experience with BACnet protocol is a huge plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of products, utilization, installation, specifications and codes/standards associated with the industry.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Must have demonstrated exceptional customer service skills and a strong customer orientation.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively and act as a technical resource across the organization and with customers. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information. Demonstrated ability to give and receive detailed/complex information, and process that information appropriately.