Security Operations Analyst Lead
Seneca’s client is seeking a SOC Analyst Lead to provide support to junior security operations analysts and contribute as a security operations analyst. The Security Operations Team Lead will utilize hands-on experience to support incident response and security engineering. The right candidate shall be able to follow all applicable Policies and Procedures, Federal regulations and rulings, including OMB, FISMA, NIST Special Publications, and FIPS documents. It is preferred that the Security Operations Lead have hands-on technical experience in the operation, maintenance, and secure configuration of Microsoft and Linux operating systems, vulnerability scanners, intrusion detection systems, packet capture tools, log correlation tools such as Splunk, antivirus technologies, and malicious code analysis tools.
- Managing and mentoring the security operations team
- Provide security architecture recommendations
- Operating and maintaining security tools
- Incident response
- Security engineering
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques
Security Architecture and Engineering
- Monitor network traffic
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 incident analysis and response support for real time events generated by security devices, as well as possible post incident support.
- Report security-related incidents
- Develop after action reports
- Perform research on cyber threats.
- Provide recommendations for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of incident response processes
- Deploy, operate, and integrate key security technology components.
- Develop and maintain the organizations security architecture
- Augment existing system administration capabilities using systems engineering expertise.
- Provide IT security system troubleshooting and administration.
- Configure and maintain key security devices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years IT experience, and not less than seven (7) years of experience performing IT security operations including: incident response, vulnerability assessment, continuous monitoring, IT forensic analysis as well as IT Security Engineering including: security technology planning, implementation and operation.
CEH, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, CAP, SSCP, GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, GCED, GSNA,
GSIP, GCFA, GCFE
About Seneca Resources:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- FireEye Technologies
- McAfee Antivirus
- McAfee ePO
- RSA NetWitness
- Tenable SecurityCenter
- Sourcefire Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania & Virginia that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.