Title: Solutions Architect Engineer
Location: Mt Laurel New Jersey
Duration: Direct hire, full time
Compensation: Negotiable salary
Our client is currently seeking a Solutions Architect Engineer in Mount Laurel, NJ. This role is responsible for pre-sales support, system design, drafting bill of materials, requesting distributor quotes, organizing pricing of equipment and applying standard labor components to bids which shall include the following disciplines: Physical Security (IP Video Surveillance, Access Control) and Network Engineering a plus (switch/route wireless). An incumbent in this position will also assist with pre-sales opportunities by working with sales engineers to draft proposals. Should be comfortable to act as a Technical resource for discovery and \information gathering for physical security on client calls. Should possess the ability to work with MS Word and Excel. Should be able to determine if additional information is needed to develop a solution that meets the customer requirements. Needs to understand voltage limitations and lock types. A good understanding of Video surveillance (pixels per foot) and how to calculate retention time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Assist the Systems Engineering and Sales Depts. to develop technical Solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of the equipment and technologies he/she supports by attending training provided by the manufacturer
- The ability to read and understand RFPs, technical drawings and technical requirements for IT focused projects.
- A good methodical approach to tasks, ability and interests to learn new technologies.
- Will be required to continue to learn new physical security solutions (Video surveillance and access control) and as a plus an understanding of electrical limitations with respect to physical security.
- Self-motivated, able to meet deadlines and maintain quality of work under pressure.
- High School diploma is required.
- Vendor specific certifications from manufacturers such as Milestone Systems, S2, Axis Cameras and/or Lenel are required (E.G.: MCIT, Axis Certified, (CCNA and CCNP a plus)).
- 2 or 4 year college degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or MIS a plus.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience is required.
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to prospects and existing customers, peer employees and managers.
- Experience in technical and Proposal writing is a plus with an understanding professional client facing documents.
- Ability to understand an IP address, subnet mask and gateway address information.
- Knowledge of components within networking (data switch, router and firewall).
- A plus to understand network security components and architecture.
- A plus to understanding of wireless communications (802.11G,N,AC).
- Should understand POE requirements for standards 802.3af, 802.3at and 802.3btwith relation to video surveillance cameras and access control equipment (calculation of POE budgets).
- Ability to understand voltage requirements, relay connections and door locking hardware electrical operation a plus.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Richmond VA, Atlanta GA, Philadelphia PA, Alabama and Dallas TX that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our work