Senior Technical Manager
Richmond, VA 23219
Extremely competitive w/ 15% annual bonus
Monday - Friday (8am to 5pm)
The Senior Technical Manager provides project definition and implementation through hands-on management of a software development team leveraging Agile Scrum development and project management best practices defined by the company. They will undertake the execution of software development projects to achieve the company’s strategic objectives and must work closely with Product Design & other technical managers.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good Senior Technical Manager from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Specify: Work directly with senior leaders in our Product Design and Technical organizations to design applications that amaze our customers.
- Architect: Hands-on involvement in design, architecture and development activities using Web, .Net, and AWS technologies.
- Build: Manage and mentor 1-2 Team Leads with their respective teams; manage and coordinate your team of 5-6 software developers in building applications and platforms utilizing the Agile SDLC. Act as a player/coach.
- Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality.
- Launch: Take complete ownership of product launch activities and coordinate closely with DevOps to monitor application performance and availability.
- Measure: Monitor application metrics to ensure the expected results are met with continual user growth.
- Grow: Make your team leads, your team, and your peer teams better at what they do by (1) hiring and developing the absolute best developers, (2) setting clear team objectives and (3) providing concise, timely and actionable guidance to team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of development experience
- 5+ years of prior management experience
- Experience in Web and Database technologies
- Solid web development and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and design patterns
- Experience in developing Server Side Rendered and Single Page Web Applications
- Experience with AWS EC2/ECS/S3/RDS/SQS/Aurora/Lambda is highly desired
- Experience in fast paced Agile Scrum environments
- Proficiency in Continuous Delivery best practices
- Understanding & implementation of automated test processes
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management)
- Excellent team building, negotiation and consensus building abilities
- Ability to motivate and build high performance software development teams
- Commercial Real Estate knowledge is a bonus