Must be U.S. Citizen or GCH
Seneca’s client is looking for Network Engineer candidates for a position in the Richmond, VA.
Network Operations Center is seeking top talent for its rapid-response and fast paced NextGen Network Operations Center located in Richmond, VA; the centralized operations of the IT infrastructure and network performance and availability. We are seeking candidates that are results-driven, highly motivated, customer-focused, and skilled in Data / Voice Network Operations with a diversified skillset in Information Technology (IT) Operations (Network, Voice and Video Operations) for our 24x7 operations center.
- CCNP or CCNA Certification
- ACI experience
- SD-WAN experience
- Providing trouble resolution on complex problems; develops root cause analysis activities that resolve significant system issues.
- Provides trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex network issues.
- Participates in the design and support of the enterprise architecture from an operational perspective.
- May be assigned to project teams for technical operations consultation to business partners and developers.
- Oversees enterprise mix of vendor services; recommends changes and updates to network operations strategy; may act as key contact for setting vendor support strategy.
- Organize the efforts of other analysts as part of incident recovery and leads root cause analysis efforts.
- Leads lights-on initiatives to consolidate equipment and/or implement business relocations from an operational perspective.
- Performs capacity analysis; recommends and implements capacity increases; serves as the technical escalation for results of preventative maintenance routines and supervises preventative maintenance.
About Seneca Resources:
- Ability to support a 7 X 24 environment through flexible work hours and possible on-call
- Troubleshoot a variety of network infrastructure platforms (Cisco routers and switches, Riverbed Steelheads, F5 load balancers, InfoBlox DNS/DHCP/NetMRI, Cisco WLAN controllers and Access Points and Meraki Access Points)
- Problem determination and resolution of other IT related issues utilizing the various network monitoring and management systems, deductive reasoning and analytical troubleshooting skills.
- NAC (802.1x) authentication monitoring and support to ensure that valid users can authenticate onto the network
- MPLS and point-to-point circuit troubleshooting and resolution
- Manage a variety of data and voice circuits including MPLS, MIS, Point-to-Point and Voice circuits for network availability and performance including circuit carrier maintenance and network validation
- Monitor and manage voicemail systems for problem determination / resolution and voicemail password resets.
- Dispatch Smart Hands, Field Services, Vendors and /or Facilities for problem determination and resolution of incidents and issues
- Manage network operational risks and participate in Operational Readiness and acceptance
- Work collaboratively with multiple operations and support teams to effectively diagnose and resolve IT related issues
- Manage the Data Center and remote location out-of-band network access and documentation
- Manage the Enterprise and Data Center Network LAN/WAN environments
- Assist with network capacity and threshold alerts and resolution.
- Provide deep analysis of data packet captures for problem determination and resolution
- Manage the enterprise SD-WAN and Data Center Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) environments
- Assists network, voice and collaboration teams with deployment efforts through validation and production support activities.
- Requires 5-8 years (3-6 for years Analyst Sr. level) of experience in a large IT ecosystem for network support and operations role in any of the following areas: networks (LAN/WAN and / or Data Center), telecommunications, voice or video collaboration; hardware/software support of network infrastructure.
- Multiple trade certifications and/or continuing education preferred (Cisco CCNA, CCNP) preferred.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, participating in projects, and capable of resolving most incidents and configuration changes required.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in related field; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Interest and aptitude in learning new technologies.
- Experience with Cisco (Juniper, Arista or other major brands) in troubleshooting or configuring is required.
- Significant operational experience required in one or more core infrastructure technologies; capable of serving as a subject matter expert in various settings; capable of advanced troubleshooting and implementations.
- Demonstration of strong mentoring skills preferred.
- Experience hosting meetings/lead mini-projects is preferred.
- Ability to work at least 2 of the 3 shifts is required. (8am-4:30pm, 4pm – 12:30am, 12am – 8:30am – note Shift differential is provided.)
- Also requires ability to work on-call rotation/weekends.
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Alabama and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.