Title: Java Developer
Location: Washington DC, remote options
Duration: 3-6 month contract to hire
Work Status: US citizen or Green Card
Must be clearable for Public Trust Clearance
The Java Developer will support a high-paced client environment and team of experienced application developers in migrating an existing web application to a new Java-based technology stack. Developer will be responsible to developing modules within Java, using appropriate tool sets, and facilitating sprint demos. Developers will bring hands-on experience with requirements gathering, writing/updating user stories, creating Mock-up, Field level specification, Forms, Product Model, Rating & data mapping is required. Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of business needs and the software functionality.
Application Developer will be responsible for supporting conversion of a .NET-based web application to a new Java-based technology stack that is operational within a full Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline, inclusive of automated QA, security integration, and system monitoring.
• 3-8 years minimum experience working with Java and relevant technology stack.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, systems engineering, or relevant field.
Candidate must have experience:
• Designing and developing applications using the latest open source tools and technologies including Red Hat 3.11 and MongoDB, and experience migrating .NET-based applications written in C# with SQL databases.
• Supporting critical business functions through the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications and systems;
• Contributing software development expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met;
• Designing, coding, testing, debugging, maintaining, and documenting software applications;
• Following established software development standards and procedures and contribute towards their improvement;
• Developing complex application features and creating technical designs;
• Participating in peer code and design reviews;
• Researching, developing and writing complex high end, mission critical, role-based enterprise level computer programs requiring high degree of security and computational ability.
• Reviewing and analyzing complex programming specifications to resolve issues.
• Preparing technical standards, providing technical advice and guidance, and collaborating with other programmers to conceptualize and develop design.
• Conducting thorough problem analysis, document findings, and propose creative solutions.
• Coordinating end to end runs and providing production support and suggest enhancements to existing business applications.
• Using technical judgment and make appropriate system decisions.
• Analyzing and debug Application/Client Server connectivity problems.
• Performing SDLC process including designing and developing applications.
Ideal candidate has experience with:
• Deploying code into established continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD) pipeline consisting of Jenkins and OpenShift containerization;
• Performing application testing using Maven, Nexus, SonarQube, RestEasy, Selenium, and Deque;
• Security tools such as HP Fortify and Micro Focus WebInspect, AppDetective
• Strong Object-Oriented Programming knowledge
• Interest in Web and Cloud Technologies.
• Is familiar with insurance related processes
• Is familiar with approach and methodologies related to customer and user experience for digital solutions.
• Is Scrum Master Certified and is familiar with advanced agile practices including release trains, DevOps, CI/CD pipeline management, and Federal security requirements.
• Has experience supporting front-end design and has the ability to build prototypes and wireframes using software such as InVision or Axure.
• Has experience using JIRA or an equivalent agile project management tool (i.e. Pivotal Tracker, VersionOne)
• Is a DHS 508 certified trusted tester
About Seneca Resources:
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Reston, Virginia, Birmingham, Alabama, Atlanta GA, Philadelpha PA and Columbia, Maryland that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.