Security Clearance Type:
Contract to hire
Seneca’s client is seeking a SCCM Engineer (Public Trust required; must pass government background check before start) on the Client Engineer team for a federal government customer located at the customer site (no telework) to perform the following:
Other Responsibilities include:
- (Primary) Upgrade tect environment SCCM 2016 Current Branch; set up production SCCM 2016 Current Branch, distribution points, BitLocker administration, reporting;
- (Secondary) Provide operations and maintenance support of production Microsoft System Center Configuration Management current branch including troubleshooting errors/issues, patching, and updates;
- (Tertiary) Identify, mitigate and patch Microsoft Systems Center and server vulnerabilities using approved systems and tools; work with desktop engineers to create and maintain Windows 7/10 workstation images and application software packages using SCCM.
- Add new features and components such as SCSM and Orchestrator to Microsoft Systems Center.
- Manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and add new distribution points for SCCM.
- Provide vulnerability management for the SCCM infrastructure.
- Using environmental scan reports, pro-actively identify the severity of the vulnerability as well as the items affected in accordance with the Vulnerability Management Policy.
- Document and complete the assessment, actionable items, remediation, and reconciliation items for each identified vulnerability in a project ticket within required time frames.
- Review Microsoft Security TechCenter, National Vulnerability Database (NVD), Common Vulnerabilities Exposures (CVE) and other applicable sources to provide Vulnerability Assessment.
- Open related tasks or deployments and oversee the change requests, including owning the presentation for the internal Change Control Board.
- Communicate with systems owners regarding actions needed to remediate vulnerability.
10 Years with Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or without degree, 12 years of experience related to position.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and maintaining SCCM 2007 and 2016 Current Branch
- Working knowledge of Active Directory
- Maintaining desktop/laptop Windows 7 and Windows 10 images and deployment using SCCM
- Working knowledge of Group Policy Management
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2
- Understanding of registry keys
- Senior level knowledge of System Configuration Center Management 2016 Current Branch.
- Utilizing SCCM and WSUS for Microsoft security patches, hotfixes
Required Certifications (any one of the following):
- Microsoft SQL Server, Linux, SSL, VMWare, SSH
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2008 / 2010
- Creating software packages in SCCM
- Windows 10 OS image maintenance
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
About Seneca Resources:
- MCTS, MCSE, MCSA, or SCCM
- CompTIA Security+
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- VMWare Desktop and Mobility certification or equivalent
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania & Virginia that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.