Security Clearance Type:
Full time / Direct hire
Seneca’s client is seeking an ISSO to provide engineering, technical and programmatic support to support to the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems, Above Water Sensors (PEO IWS 2.0) Directorate. Efforts include overarching program management, test and evaluation, systems engineering, operations analysis, systems integration, international, cyber security, IT network and programmatic support for over 25 PEO IWS 2.0 advanced radar, phased array radar, electronic warfare, electro-optic, advanced off-board electronic warfare/decoy and directed energy programs. IWSG staff support a variety of tasks including: support and completion of major technical reviews; producing required acquisition documentation; meeting critical program milestone deadlines; managing program needs and external requirements, and ensuring the right resources are provided to the right priorities at the right time. #IN123#CJ
The successful Cyber Systems Engineer will:
- Provide direct support to the Lead System Engineer and Program Protection Lead for Advanced Radars (Air and Missile Defense Radar (AMDR) and Enterprise Air Surveillance Radar (EASR)) programs in support of PEO IWS 2.0 Above Water Sensors
- Serve on the Program Protection Working Group and provide support as the Lead Cybersecurity/RMF Analyst responsible for the Authorization and Assessment process under the RMF for new and existing Navy Radar information systems
- Maintain Authority to Operate compliance for all RMF packages
- Lead the development and maintenance of system security documentation in Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service.Provide expert guidance in systems engineering design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments. Responsibilities include reviewing systems design to ensure compliance with established RMF standards and regulations
- Provide support in the execution of planned and emergent tasking as well as coordination and participation in technical and programmatic documentation and meetings
- Responsibilities include analyzing, evaluating, and providing recommendations on program and milestone documentation; supporting cyber policy implementation and RMF artifact development including requirements updates; performing verification and validation of delivered systems; developing test plans and procedures; assessing Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans; communicating risks and issues to the PEO IWS 2.0 designated fully qualified Navy validator and Functional Authorizing Official
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life-cycle; applying security System Engineering (SE) expertise in: system security design process; engineering life cycle; cross-domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf equipment; system integration; risk management; configuration control; change management; assessment and authorization processes; principles of Cyber Security (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control)
- Security testing; analyzing and providing recommendations on program and milestone documentation; communicating with the ship platforms and contractors on a variety of Cyber Security SE topics; coordinating, tracking and reporting on completion of cyber-related testing; recommending engineering solutions to reduce overall risk posture; validating system design; ensuring that SE requirements have been properly allocated to appropriate integration/test procedures; and support cyber policy implementation and RMF artifact development, including requirements updates
- BA or BS degree
- 5+ years of experience providing information assurance, engineering, or operational support to the DoD, including supporting information operations, cyber operations, system administration, and systems security
- 3+ years of experience evaluating the cyber compliance of a system against current Risk Managed Framework (RMF) and DoD Cybersecurity policies
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, including DoD 8500.02, DoD 8510, NIST SP 800-37, NIST SP 800-53 or 53A, NIST SP 800-30, or CNSSI 1253
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Certification
- Ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment with a wide variety of programmatic/technical challenges.
- Provide the Government assistance to ensure that the architecture and design of information systems are functional and secure.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Must be energetic, thoughtful, product-oriented, dependable, flexible, open-minded individual with an eagerness to learn with demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Communicate effectively with AN/SPY-6 design agent, customers, and multi-disciplinary engineering teams through participation in design reviews throughout all phases of system development.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, provide high quality services and products, while meeting strict deadlines and time constraints
- Active Secret clearance required
About Seneca Resources:
- Master of Science Degree in an Engineering/Cyber Security related discipline
- Experience working in an acquisition program office environment, with documentation, protocols, formats, and deadlines
- Above Water Sensors experience
- Systems engineering background and experience with hardware/software integration
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Management (IAM) III or IAT III Certification
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Pennsylvania & Virginia that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.