Financial Cloud-Based Software Solutions
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Traditional Office Hours (M-F)
$91,303.00 Annual Base Salary + 10% Bonus + Excellent Health Benefits & Perks Package
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, now or in the future.
At a Glance
The Site Reliability Engineer 3 is a senior technical resource with experience across both software development (50%) and infrastructure engineering (50%) domains. The role supports 24x7 delivery of Hosted and SaaS applications to global Fortune 500 clients at cloud scale. It requires 3-5 years career experience supporting cloud applications throughout the full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Our partnering client is the leading global provider of financial software solutions for the Record-to-Report process. Supporting 1,700 clients from 8 data centers worldwide, Their clients include many of the world’s largest firms (Walmart, Intel, Microsoft, Siemens, majority of Fortune 100).
- A successful candidate will be able to ensure agreement and transparency between business expectations and team commitments. This requires interfacing with both internal and external customers to understand and document requirements and design and deliver solutions. This is a client-facing role that requires a commitment to customer service and process excellence. Prior experience in organizations leveraging both agile software development and ITIL service management methodologies is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evolve continuous integration\continuous deployment (CI\CD) toolsets and methodologies to maintain consistent environments and automate deployments.
- Design, code, and test automation and tools in accordance with best practices and coding standards. Identify dependencies and risks, proposing solutions that optimize trade-offs between time, cost, and scope.
- Fully support 24x7 production environments with cloud-scale Hosted and SaaS applications. Mentor members of own team across domains.
- Lead shift in a follow-the-sun rotation providing 24x7 production support.
- Maintain subject matter expertise across multiple domains and applications.
- Effectively support applications throughout all lifecycle stages, interacting with multiple stakeholder groups in multiple environments (e.g., QA, UAT, and production). Lead efforts to improve efficiency, employing methodologies and technologies as needed.
- Champion efficiency, automation, and best practices with own team.
- Recognize common mistakes being made and takes action to prevent recurrence.
- Own root cause analysis for complex infrastructure and application issues. Identify and drive strategies to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure production changes are documented, fully tested in non-production environments, and adhere to change control and audit requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience*.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting production applications throughout the full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- 3-5 years of experience managing systems in a 24x7 production environment.
- (Some not all) - Experience supporting web (IIS, Apache, Tomcat), database (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.), and reporting (Intellicus, SQL Reporting Services, etc.)
About Seneca Resources:
- Network engineering and/or security experience. Some exposure to firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, etc. (e.g., Cisco, F5, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability and proclivity for programming/scripting languages desired (e.g., Java, C#, .NET, BASH, PowerShell, Python).
- Ability to support enterprise DevOps, automation, and/or CI/CD tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience using enterprise ticketing systems and tools (Salesforce, Remedy, JIRA, TFS).
- Willingness to learn Docker and related technologies (e.g., Mesos/Marathon, etc.).
- At least one relevant technical certification (e.g., Microsoft MCSE, RedHat RHCE, Cisco CCNA, etc.) is desired.
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama and Texas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.