Client: Financial Cloud-based Solutions
Position Title: System Engineer
Location: Addison, TX
Position Status: Full-time / Direct Hire
Compensation: Annual Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits/Perks Package
*Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now, or in the future.
Hours: Traditional Office Hours | Mon-Fri (This is not a remote position)
At a Glance
The Systems Engineer is an individual contributor position responsible for the technology and processes that connects our client's 500 worldwide employees.
Career Growth & Opportunities
The Systems Engineer has multiple career path opportunities including leadership of developing IT teams. Our client invests in both technical training and leadership mentoring for all employees and leaders in their organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in Systems engineering projects as a subject matter expert across multiple domains (e.g., Windows, Database Server Administration, Web Server Administration, etc.).
- Support 24x7 in-house and co-located data centers, public and private cloud environments, and a distributed IT service desk supporting a global employee and client base.
- Collaborate with internal customers to ensure IT roadmap transparency and alignment with business priorities.
- Document and standardize processes to drive automation and ensure projects are delivered on time, on scope, and on budget.
- Drive accountability and process maturity through ITIL core processes (Change, Incident, Problem, etc.) and manage to metrics.
- Manage vendor relationships to develop strategic partnerships, maintain focus on customer satisfaction, and reduce costs.
- Evaluate and develop business cases to support the migration from legacy on-premise and co-located systems to cloud-based solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or a related field. Will consider an equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven results delivering multiple concurrent projects within an “on time and on budget” enterprise environment. Demonstrated project management skills.
- Technical expert with 2+ years of Information Technology experience supporting production environments.
- 2+ years of Windows, Linux, or similar Systems Engineering deployment, maintenance, and support experience.
- 2+ years of Security Service/Application deployment, maintenance, and support experience. Experience with multiple products/vendors preferred.
- 2+ years of general application deployment, maintenance, and support experience.
- Strong documentation and process design skills.
- Experience in budget participation and financial planning for an IT organization.
- Experience working in consulting or other high-growth, fast-paced agile environments where technology is leveraged as an asset to drive culture, quality, and velocity.
- Able to adhere to technical standards that augment security and infrastructure architecture.
- Ability to strongly influence peers and technical staff within the team.
About Seneca Resources:
- 1+ years of Network/communications deployment, management, and support experience.
- 1+ years of experience managing Microsoft Office 365 environments with at least 100 users.
- ITIL Foundation and/or Agile Certified Professional (ACP) certification is a plus.
- One or more relevant technical certifications (Cisco, CISSP, Microsoft, VMware, etc.) demonstrating proficiency across technical domains.
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama and Texas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.